Northern Mystery's Khagan
Khagan means "Khan of Khan's", and boy, do we think this boy is living up to his name. Not only is this guy covered from topknot to toes in a rich brown fleece, he is bright, dense, and uniformly fine and full of crimp across his blanket. Set on a compact, conformationally correct frame, Khagan is a herdsire in the making, and we could not be more pleased with how he is growing.
His dam is Shahkell, who produces some of the most consistent fleeces on our farm, leaving her fibre always feeling wonderfully soft in it's handle. Bocelli, his sire, consistently produces long, bright staples and heavy fleece weights— and between the pair, longevity of fineness is something we expect to see in Khagan's future.
Temperament wise, Khagan is friendly and quick to learn, but very much of a spitfire amongst his herd mates.
We are very pleased to report that we're not the only one's admiring Khagan, with him having been awarded Reserve Grand Champion to the gorgeous male who went on to win Supreme Champion overall at the A.L.P.A.C.A. Spring Show!
AFD: 14.7 | SD: 3.5 | CV: 23.6 | %>30: 0.5 | Curve: 62.7
2020 | SGS | Histogram History
- 2nd, 24-48mo Brown, A.L.P.A.C.A. Fleece Show
- 3rd, 24mo-4yo Brown, Western Canada Alpaca Championship Fleece Show
- 2nd, 24mo-4yo Brown Premier Alpaca Event Agribition Fleece Show
- 1st, Junior Male Brown, A.L.P.A.C.A. Spring Show
- Reserve Grand Champion Brown, A.L.P.A.C.A. Spring Show
- 3rd, 6-14 mo Brown, A.L.P.A.C.A. Fleece Show
- 4th, 6-14 mo Brown, Western Canadian Alpaca Championship Fleece Show
- 3rd, Yearling Male Brown, Majestic Alpaca Showcase